Reshaping is a straightforward and cost-effective way to correct minor imperfections in shape. It involves removing some outer enamel from the surface of the affected teeth.
It’s usually quick and painless and can be done to smooth out small chips, misalignments and rough edges or to contour pointy or irregularly shaped teeth.
Teeth reshaping can also be combined with other cosmetic treatments such as:
- Bonding - a resin applied to the surface of a tooth surface to improve its overall shape and appearance
- Gum contouring – a surgical or laser treatment to even out gums that are too high or low aesthetically.
Reshaping may be recommended if you need tiny adjustments or repairs.
For more extensive corrections other cosmetic dental procedures may be more suitable.
- We may need to take dental X-rays first to ensure your teeth are healthy
- Then mark your teeth with a pen to the highlight areas being reshaped
- We use a sculpting sander instrument to eliminate or minimize imperfections on the surface of the teeth; and sanding strips to contour between the teeth
- We finish the treatment with a smooth, clean and polish.